Eco Responsible Fabryo Corporation
1. Legal compliance of the activities conducted on the site
Our activities on the site are based on all the permits and authorisations required in our industry:
- Registration Certificate issued by the Ministry of Justice/ National Trade Register of Ilfov County
- Operating Endorsement issued by the Town of Popeşti-Leordeni / Ilfov County
- Environmental Permit issued by the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development - Environmental Protection Agency Ilfov
- Water Management Permit issued by the “Romanian Waters” National Administration / Water Directorate Argeş - Vedea / Water Management System Ilfov - Bucharest
- Sanitary Operating Permit water micro plant issued by the Ministry of Health/ Public Health Inspectorate Ilfov County
- Wastewater Discharge Acceptance
- Approval for the establishment of a private emergency service issued by the Emergency Inspectorate Ilfov County
- Fire Safety Permit issued by the Ministry of Administration and Internal Affairs/ Emergency Inspectorate « Codrii Vlăsiei » of ILFOV County
2. We conduct our activities with maximum responsibility to support a healthy environment for the employees, the local community and the future generations, by:
A. Rational use of natural resources (water, gas, electricity), caring for future generations.
Water supply: from our own source through borehole wells, surrounded by strictly controlled sanitary protection zones, to prevent external contamination of the trapped aquifers.
We aim to use groundwater rationally. Therefore:
- We train our personnel in being aware of the importance of using this limited natural resource only when and as much as needed
- We monitor the quantity of drawn water and also of water used for technological, domestic and green space watering purposes.
- We monitor the quality of the used water by complete analyses performed by authorised laboratories.
Gas and electricity supply: provided as required for the activities. We use low gas and electricity consumption technologies.
B. Responsible waste management
In the sense of minimisation and recycling/disposal of all the water we generate. Waste is generated from:
- Activities conducted on the industrial site;
- Consumption of the finished products purchased by our customers.
What we do about the waste generated on the industrial site:
- We have identified the types of waste generated in our activity
- We have organised selective waste collection across the site, at specially equipped and marked locations.
- We have invested in developing the temporary waste storage locations for recycling/disposal. The temporary waste storage platform is divided into areas, by each type of waste. The partitioning is represented on the temporary waste storage site map, displayed and disseminated to all the work places in the company where waste is generated. Those areas are identified by labelling.
- We made contracts with permitted sanitation companies for the recycling/disposal of each type of waste we generate.
- We trained our personnel on how waste is managed in the company, stressing the importance of controlled waste disposal for us, for our living and occupational environment and also for the future generations
- We use indicators to monitor, on a monthly basis, the quantities of each type of waste generated, selectively collected and delivered and we ensure that we meet all the targets set at the start of each year.
Fabryo Corporation contributes an annual 600,000 EUR to the State budget (Environment Fund, protection activities and waste recycling).
What we do about the waste generated in consuming the finished products we place on the market:
As of 2008, Fabryo Corporation has based its "environmental stewardship" policy on a delegation of responsibility contract with an authorised company, under which they recover on our behalf the waste packaging placed on the market together with our finished products. Thus, we make sure that the waste generated after the products are used by third parties is recovered under the law and does not impact the environment. Monitoring of the extent our annual recycling/reuse objectives are met is done on a monthly basis, using our own indicators.
Regularly, according tolaw requirements, we submit specific reports to the authorities and pay the relevant fees to the Environmental Fund. Fabryo Corporation has met, and even substantially exceeded the annual waste recycling/reuse objectives and aims to maintain this trend.
3. Process water treatment
It is provided in our own Wastewater Treatment Plant, in order to discharge standard-complying wastewater into the municipal sewer system. Process wastewater is collected and directed to the WWTP. Treatment results in sludge waste and wastewater discharged into the municipal sewer system. The quality of the wastewater discharge is enforced and complies with the legal requirements in force, and is monitored by physical-chemical analyses at authorised laboratories. The wastewater treatment sludge is a waste, regularly tested by authorised laboratories in order to be delivered to an authorised company for recycling by co-incineration.
4. Minimal emissions and imissions
The main sources of air pollution from site activities include:
- stationary sources
- process emissions of the particulate and VOC (volatile organic compound) types
- emissions from the heating stations
- mobile sources, that may generate emissions from site traffic (own and customer vehicles). The company has its own suitably equipped cars, vans, lorries, service vehicles.
Under Order 462/1993, pollutant emissions from road vehicles are preventively limited by Technical Conditions based on regular technical inspections throughout the useful lifetime of the road vehicles registered in the country. Our company conducts regular technical inspections on its road vehicles, as provided by the law.
Concern for minimal emissions and imissions has been reflected by:
- reformulation of all the recipes to reduce the volatile organic compounds content
- reducing the number and quantities of hazardous ingredients in the new formulas
- retehcnologization processes, with concern for process emission reduction
- development of environmentally-friendly and human-friendly, water-based products, as alternatives to alkyd paints andlacquers: savana water based, acrylic enamel; savana water-based anti-corrosive primer, used as a system with savana water based, acrylic enamel; savana water-based acrylic wood lacquer
- emission and immission monitoring by specialized laboratories, to prove the efficiency of poluents emissions and imissions reduction measures
5. Green space development and maintenance
On the company site, under the "One man, one tree" program. Every employee has planted a tree on our green area, now covering 5,400 sqm and we intend to continue. This has created a "green lung" in the industrial area of Popeşti-Leordeni Town.
Quality-Environment Policy 2013